Sunday 18 March 2007

Fund raising progress (part 1)

It has been a week since we launched our justgiving.com fund raising websites, and we've raised just under £200 between the two sites.

It is looking fairly promising, although I must admit, the start-up donations were from Alex and I, but someone had to get the ball rolling! :-)

We are focusing mainly on the Mercy Corps Mongolia site at http://www.justgiving.com/themongolrally2007, once we achieve our fund raising target here, we'll start to advertise the Hopes and Homes for Children site more aggressively.

Today I sent out an email to some friends and family in a bid to get some more donations for either Mercy Corps Mongolia or Hopes and Homes for Children, I hope the emailing proves fruitful. At the very least, it will raise awareness of our event. I think fund raising is always more effective when you talk to someone about the event in person. We'll have to see how it goes...

---

Adam

No comments: